Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scrapbook Expo...It never gets old.

On Friday I took a day off from work and volunteered at the Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton, CA. What a great gig! I basically got to people watch, smile and talk with people for 4 hours...and got paid to do it! I answered the occasional question or two...where's the bathroom? Can I get back in through this door? That sort of thing. It was cool to see the behind the scenes goings on at the expo from the vendors point of view. I'm definately going to sign up again next year.

Of course, after my 4-hour stint I got to go shopping. There was a lot of way-cool stuff there this year. And while I did obide by my self-imposed "no more patterned paper" limitation, there were a lot of rubber stamp booths there and I picked up 3 of The Cat's Pajamas Clearly Swanky Stamp sets. I love the penguins, dog and cat that come in these sets. Besides they were buy 2 sets, get 1 free, so it was just meant to be!


While at the Scrapbook Territory booth, I did a quick make-n-take. I can't recall the name of the stamp set (shown here), but we used Copic Markers and Rock-a-Blocks by Crafters Companion. I've seen these before, but I was a little hesitant to buy them since I already had my acrylic blocks. But I tried them at ST's booth and I really like them. They're really easy to use and help make a clear stamped image the first time. So...I bought them. LOL.

I also bought some great ribbon, some cute green and pink rhinestones, more Scrappy Glue (this stuff is fantastic!) and I bought a Glue Glider Pro (another make-n-take tool I used at the Scrapbook Territory booth!)

I played a little with some stamps this week. I've cased a card from the Splitcoast Stampers website. (This one was inspired by askagain). I used the My Rubby Ducky stamp set from C.C. Designs. I used Copic Ciao #E35 and Copic Sketch #E13 for the monkey and Copic Ciao #Y17 and YR16 for the rubby ducky. The bubbles are colored using Diamond Stickles. The bubbles on the blue paper were made using my Cuttlebug embossing folder.











One of my other favorite stamp companies is High Hopes Stamps (http://www.highhopesstamps.com/). They have the cutest characters. I also used my Just Buzzin By set from Stampin' Up! I colored using Prismacolor Pencils.







Well, that's all I have for now. Y'all take care and remember to Stamp & Be Happy!

No comments: